Sunday, September 4, 2011

Here we go!

I have been thinking about doing this for a while.  An old friend helped me work on the name, I like to have a little fun with things and feel that the name of my blog will convey this.  I have worked in kitchens since I was sixteen.  After starting culinary school, I found my true calling to be Pastry.  The last five years I have spent teaching at Joliet Junior College, and it has been great.

The idea for this blog came about through my own continued learning.  Striving to improve whenever possible, and looking for the next good idea in the kitchen.  Of course, the blog will look at scratch items and new techniques, but there will be more to it then that.  Life is not just about food and pastry, there is much more going on around us. Sometimes we need to think about everything and take a step back, scratch  our head and look at the bigger picture.

I have been very fortunate to have a wonderful family who supports me and a great career that seems to constantly evolve and grow.  Much like the way I hope this blog evolves.

No comments:

Post a Comment